Monday, December 21, 2009

Too Many Ideas

As you can see to your right, I've moved my Writopia Progress Meter and added another for the young adult novel I started today. I've decided its my Christmas holiday project. As if I didn't already have enough things up in the air, but it was at my youngest sister's urging, so when that book gets published, I'll have to make sure I dedicate it to her. The idea was actually originally for an adult market, but we did some brainstorming today and she helped me change it so the storyline would work for older teens. So of course now I'm all excited about it, but we'll see how long that lasts for before I decide I want to work on something else...

1 comment:

Cathryn Brunet said...

Ahh, the lure of the bright and shiny new idea.

When this happens to me, I take a bunch of notes about the plot and characters, maybe even write a couple of opening pages, and then calmly file it with all the many other ideas I've had before going back to finish whatever it is I'm working on.

But then, I can never stand having half-finished projects lying around. Totally anal!