Wednesday, November 25, 2009

This Week

Unless you live under a rock or don't have the Internet (in which case, how are you reading this post?) you would have seen that Harlequin announced a new venture this week, Harlequin Horizons, which was quickly renamed DellArte Press when organisations like Romance Writers of America reacted rather strongly to this apparent 'vanity' publishing venture.
I'm not going to say anything much about it, I think everything that could be said has probably already been splashed across the Internet. Although I'd love to throw my two cents in, I'm not one for posting about things that have already been blogged to death. I never commented on Heath Ledger's death, though that really got me. He was a year younger than my hubby and I really, truly believe he was the great male actor of our generation and it makes me sad to think of all the performances we'll never get to see. But my point was when that happened I never said a word, since I'm sure there were more than enough tear soaked posts about it when it all went down.
So no, I'm not saying anything about DellArte press or the alleged news that authors rejected by Harlequin are being subsequently directed to the DellArte web page. And I certainly won't say anything about rips-offs or unsuspecting, vulnerable, desperate writers being taken advantage. Nope. Not one word.
Instead I'll tell you that last week I only managed around 4000 words and this week I'm not faring much better. Probably up to the 3000 word mark so far, but am off to do some writing now and hoping to get a couple of thousand done tomorrow.

No comments: