Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Computer & Woes

I haven't been around much firstly because I've been doing a lot of writing (10,000 words last week) and also because my computer packed it in and I had to take it to get fixed. Unfortunately I also got a rejection from Samhain for that novella I whipped up back in October and then found out I didn't final in this year's RWA STALI competition. So it hasn't been my week all 'round, really!
I'm continuing on working with my SRS manuscript, I have about 20,000 words left to write on it which I hope to get finished in the next couple of weeks, computer problems aside. After that I need to decide where I'm going next in terms of my on-going projects. Do I add 50,000 or so words to the manuscript I submitted to Samhain and send it elsewhere (I'm thinking possibly Silhouette Nocturne)? Or do I get back to the re-write I started on my historical? Or do I go back to my good old SOAP manuscripts? I've been thinking about them a lot lately. Maybe now that I've had some time away from them it would be a good idea to go back to them with fresh eyes and pick up with them again. I did invest a lot in them, probably more than I'd ever put into anything else and no matter what I just can't quite seem to stop thinking about them.
So I suppose I've got my answer then, haven't I?

1 comment:

Cathryn Brunet said...

Oh, bugger about the R, Jess.

Hang in there. It'll come.