Saturday, October 3, 2009

Weekend Work

Its the weekend and I've finally managed to get the partial submission sent off to that agent who requested them earlier in the week. It says on their website they respond to partials in 2 months or less, so I guess it'll be around the end of November before I hear anything.
I'm looking forward to fobbing the kids off on hubby so I can get some decent work done instead of working in snatches here and there around their nap times. My CP had a look over the smaple (yes, I know its spelled wrong, private joke.) pages I sent her and is very excited about this re-write idea. I can see where she's coming from. Compared to the current manuscript, my new work is much tighter and has more impact, and with a bit more tweaking (aka torture) from my CP, it'll be all shiny and ready for publication in no time.
I know I've been working at this gig for a lot of years now and I've said it before, but I really feel I am closing in on that final hurdle. Any day now, I'm going to get there and then (God help me!) there will be no turning back and I'll have real life, scary deadlines to work to. I never said it was going to be easy, but I'm looking forward to the challenge.

No comments: