Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Good News

I checked my email this morning to find I've already got a bite - one of the agents I queried a couple of days ago has asked to see a partial of my manuscript. So I'll be sending that off as soon as I get the chance, which unfortunately won't be today as I already have a few other things I need to get done. Still, exciting news. You're probably thinking its dumb that I still get excited when an agent requests a partial. How many times have I been here, done that? But still, it makes me excited because this could be the one. I've come this far, I'm more than half way down the road by getting these requests, I'm not going to keep getting rejected forever. Eventually someone will say "yes, we would like to offer you representation." And this time it could be the answer I get.

2 comments:

Lynn Colt said...

yay for partial requests - and don't ever stop getting excited about them! I still do - because you're right, it's the first step towards an offer, and each request could be 'the one'. Good luck!

Cathryn Brunet said...

Good luck, Jess.
And nothing wrong with getting excited. We all get like that even though we know how slim the odds are. All it takes is one person to love your work and you're on your way.