Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Gone and Back Again

Its been three months, I'm really good at forgetting this thing for long periods of time. In my defense, I've had some family stuff going on, which although is behind me now, still in some part means I'm really busy and don't have any where near as much time for writing and blogging and twittering as I once used to. Gone are the days when I had no one to answer to and could spend all day writing if I wanted to. Damn, I wasted so much time!
Right, well in writing-related stuff I heard back from The Agent and while the news wasn't what I was hoping, in that she didn't offer me representation, she did tell me she thought I was a talented writer and a few other good things about my manuscript. She did say she wasn't riveted by the execution. What the heck does that even mean? So I really couldn't be too upset about such a positive rejection. I've sent the first 3 chapters into the Romance Writer's Australia STALI comp and also entered the High Five with a category romance I've been working on in secret, aimed at the Silhouette Romantic Suspense line. So we'll see what comes of that. And when I get back into the swing of things, I have several other agents I plan on querying. I'm also battling the part of me that's wanting to return and work on my SOAP stuff. Seriously, I don't have enough time to spread myself so thin and worry that if I don't concentrate on one thing at a time (or maybe 2 at the most) then I'll never get published. Which is something negative I refuse to dwell on because I will get published at some point, I just have to keep working along like I have been.

2 comments:

Anita Joy said...

Can't believe you are actually still doing that much!! Good luck with the STALI, and let me know how you go with High 5 (I entered also).

I like your SOAP, so I do hope you et back to it.

Keep focussed and you'll get there. You are soooo close.

Cathryn Brunet said...

Glad to have you back blogging. Sorry about the R. I had another agent one on Friday too, so I know how it feels. They're disheartening but you have to keep going.

All the best in the Stali and Hi 5.