Monday, March 16, 2009

Reality Check

Now I'm in for it.
As of, well last week I guess, I now have a real, official, butt-kicking Critique Partner (EEEKKK!!). We're going to be going over something like a chapter a week, so hello serious work. As I said in my last post, I need to organise some actual structure kid-free writing time, its the only way I'm ever going to be able to get anything done.
But although the prospect of all this work is a little daunting (since I've certainly been doing things on my own very casual time line until now) I'm also pretty excited about it. I think I've been needing this for a long time now, someone else to be accountable to, who will always tell me straight. I feel like this latest move has really put me on the home stretch, now that I'm going to be doing this its like taking those final steps before publication. This is the last leg that's really going to get me over the final line.
So here's to lots and lots of hard work and great reward!
Song: Walk Through The Fire from Once More With Feeling, the Buffy the Vampire Slayer musical.

2 comments:

lynn said...

hooray for critique partners! That's awesome you've found someone to keep you on track--it's always so much easier to keep yourself accountable when there's someone ELSE you're accounting to. Good luck!

The Dribbler said...

Crit partners are a godsend.

I don't know what I'd do without mine. I'm in a group of 4 and have a couple of other "unofficial" partners and they're all worth their weight in gold. They see so many things that I can't - from the big issue stuff to punctuation errors. And you also learn from the crits you do for them too. It's all good if the partnership fits.

All the very best on your new adventure. I hope it works out.