Friday, January 9, 2009

Oblivious

Sometimes things happen that remind you just how crap people can be. This morning I had to go pick my sister up. Not to far from where I live there's a huge lake where there's a lot of wildlife and all along the road there are signs about driving carefully due to animals sometimes being on the road. As I was driving along, all the traffic had slowed down and stopped because there was a group of ducks on the road. Everyone was carefully avoiding them as they wandered across the road. And then, from the opposite direction, this guy in a four-wheel-drive came along. He was totally oblivious to the fact that all the traffic in front and opposite him had slowed to almost a standstill. I don't know what he was thinking. He swerved around the car in front of him that had all but stopped for the ducks and then just plowed straight through them all. My sister and I were shocked. I don't know, maybe he didn't care, or was just in a hurry and was impatient and didn't consider why the rest of the traffic had stopped. It just makes me angry and is an upsetting start to the day. I don't understand. If you approached a group of cars that were either stopped or slowed down, why would you just swerve around them and continue driving so fast through? What if it had of been a person who'd been hit by a car and that was why the traffic was stopped? That guy would have just plowed through and made the accident worse. Everyday, you see people driving around on our roads who quite obviously shouldn't have a drivers licence.
Song: Window and the Watcher by Butterfly Effect

4 comments:

Suzanne Brandyn said...

Oh Hell Jess, what a lousy thing to do.
I agree, some drivers should not be on the road, they get their licence out of a cornflakes packet.

Suz :)

Monique Wood said...

Some people are just low. Really, they don't care about anyone or anything else. I believe in karma -let's hope the sod gets what he deserves.

Hope your day was better as it progressed :-)

Cafrine said...

Oh my God, you're killing me here! What happened with the ducks?! Did he kill them all? Say it isn't so.

P.S. Drivers in this city are awful. Particularly some of the 4WD drivers.

Justus M. Bowman said...

Some people have not been educated properly.