Friday, January 2, 2009

Another New Year

The 1st of January has come and gone, and obviously Cafrine and I haven't post the first blogisode of Atrophy. Being Christmas and New Year, we just haven't had time to meet and finalise the ending of the ep and edit what we've already done.
In terms of my own work, I've been continuing with editing the first 3 chapters of SOAP book 1 and have posted the first 2000 words to my new critique group I've joined through RWA. It'll be interesting to get some feedback off a totally objective 3rd party. I'm also going to send it back to Cafrine with the changes to see if I've managed to improve the things she mentioned before. If it's looking better, I'm then going to send the first chapter to Firebrand Lit's holiday query thing they've got going.
And after all that, I'm finally going to get back into doing some straight writing, no strings attached. I need to get SOAP book 1 re-completed so I can work on it as a whole and hopefully in the next few months get myself back to a place where I'll be ready to query agents again. Last year I got further than I ever had before, I came so close to getting an agent. I have to believe that this year will be the year I finally cross that hurdle on my journey to publication.
Song: Light Surrounding You by Evermore

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I am so looking forward to getting back to just writing.

I've been doing revisions and getting ready to submit since September.