Thursday, December 11, 2008

Working Hard

Yesterday I added a cool 10,000 words to SOAP book 1. I'd like to say that I'm some kind of writing genius and I wrote the entire 10,000 words off the top of my head, but at least half, if not a little more, was imported from the old copy of SOAP book 1. There was a lot of information pertaining to the over all series that still fitted with what's happening in the re-write.
I'm going along a lot quicker than I envisaged. At this rate, I should have the manuscript complete again in another few weeks, especially considering I'm using the entire second half of the first draft. Now that I've at least got the first 3 chapters together, I'm going to start doing a hard edit, with a couple of people giving me some feedback. I told Cafrine to be 'brutally honest' and I can't wait to see what she has to say about it. Really, I think the only way I'm going to get this thing up to an agent's standard is for someone else to take it apart first.
So that's where I'm at; very happy with what I've got done so far.
And in Atrophy news, you'll be excited to hear that not only have we written more, but we've set ourselves a deadline for releasing part 1 of the pilot episode. I'm not going to say what it is, just in case it needs to be revised a bit further down the track, but it's out there and it is coming along. Soon enough there will actually be something to read. And now I have to go to work. Dammit.
Song: Song 2 by Blur

1 comment:

Justus M. Bowman said...

It feels great to breeze through 10,000 words, regardless of how you do it. I know.