Friday, December 19, 2008

Starting Those Revisions

I made a small start on the revisions of the first 3 chapters yesterday. So far, so good (I hope!). It's not like I'm going to be doing any querying over the holidays, but I would like to try and be ready sometime in the next few months. I just have to keep a steady pace and try not to jump the gun (which I think I have a chronic problem with) and only re-query the agents when I have something that is as perfect as I can get it.
Although I told myself that I wanted to be published by the time I turned 27 (leaving me with just 8 months until that deadline now) I figure that even if I don't make the mark, I'm not doing too badly. The average time it takes an author to get published is 10 years and 2009 will be 8 years for me. Perhaps if I'm not published by 2012, I'll start getting worried.
Anyway, unfortunately I don't have time to stroll around on the Internet or do any writing this morning, I have things to do so I'd better get to them. Hopefully I'll find some time to do a little bit more revision later in the day. As long as I chip away at it regularly, eventually it'll be done.
On other topics, Nathan Bransford wrote a post about times of year it's not a good idea to query (which I thought might have been partly common sense) and Jessica over at Bookends wrote a blog about 'rules' when it comes to writing, namely, that there shouldn't be any!
In Atrophy news, if you've been over to the site you'll see the announcement that the pilot blogisode is due to be released on the 1st of January (no pressure!).
And that's about it today. Nothing terribly exciting.
Song: Somebody to Love by Queen.

1 comment:

Justus M. Bowman said...

Well, no one can say you lack determination. Many would have given up or self published by now.