Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Revision Time

I got my work back from Cafrine and was very happy with what she had to say. She brought up some very valid points and actually noticed several things that my Editorial Advisor (aka, my sister-in-law) had already mentioned. So that tells me those couple of things definitely need to be worked on. I've written/re-drafted 5 chapters and now I'm resisting the urge to continue on because I want to get at least the first 3 chapters up to scratch, as polished and flawless as possible so I can start re-querying agents.
Partly I'm hoping that some of the agents will remember my idea (not necessarily me!) and recognize through the re-write and revision work I've done on it that I would be a good client to have since I am willing to work so hard, do the re-writes, realize when somethings not working and be willing to change it.
Interestingly enough, out of all the projects I've ever worked on over the years, this SOAP series is the one I've stuck with the longest. I think in those past situations part of me realized that there was something about the overall concept that wasn't working, so I went to other things. With SOAP, its totally different. The concept is what's keeping me going. I know the idea is a great one (and in all truth, there's not really anything like it out in the market at the moment, I think that's why so many agents were initially interested) but there were obviously major issues with the actual body of work. Hopefully this re-write and early revisions will help me avoid those this time around.
In Atrophy related news, Part 1 of the Pilot Episode is almost finished. Obviously it will need a fair bit of revision and editing before it's aired as the first blogisode. However I feel we are definitely on track for our deadline. I'm just so thrilled to be doing this project. There is something about it that's very freeing, and I hope Atrophy has a nice, long, exciting life.
Song: Suzie Q by Creedence Clearwater Revival

1 comment:

Justus M. Bowman said...

"Partly I'm hoping that some of the agents will remember my idea...and recognize through the re-write and revision work I've done on it that I would be a good client to have..."

Tell me how this works out for you since I'm probably going to end up in a similar position.