Tuesday, December 9, 2008

No Writing To Speak Of

I haven't done any writing in the past few days and I'm starting to feel the itch. Yesterday I did a lot of gardening before heading over to a friend's house in the afternoon. The gardening was because in a few weeks we're having my daughter's birthday party and I'd like the backyard to look half decent if people are going to be sitting out there all day. The visiting was because my friend hadn't been well last week and I thought she might like the company, a little adult conversation, and another kid to play with hers. Interesting, I know.
Anyway, the point is that I'm not likely to get much writing done in the near future since I have a fair bit on my plate at the moment. Today I'm working, as I will be for the rest of the week. However I may just have to find a few minutes somewhere to fit some words in. Eventually the need to write something will overcome my perceived lack of time. Sometimes I really do think this whole writing biz is a bit like an addiction.
Oh, and I also entered the first paragraph comp Nathan Bransford is holding over at his blog. Wouldn't it just be like winning a million dollars to have someone like him give me a partial critique? The idea is bliss.
Song: One Headlight by the Wallflowers

4 comments:

Justus M. Bowman said...

"However I may just have to find a few minutes somewhere to fit some words in."

Do it with spirit!

Kathleen Peacock said...

The comments on the contest post are absolutely fascinating. I love how far flung the openings are in terms of style, subject, and quality.

Eleni Konstantine said...

I'm way behind on my Google Reader subs and didn't know about the contest. Thanks for the heads-up. Have entered also. :)

Eleni Konstantine said...

btw - good luck!!