Friday, December 12, 2008

End of the Week

Oh dear, Nathan Bransford has just under 1300 entries for his first paragraph comp. The poor man must be wondering what he's got himself into.
Anyway, there was no writing on SOAP book 1 yesterday. I did do a quick re-read and fixed up some minor errors, but nothing of consequence. The writing I did was on Atrophy (yay!) and I'm just waiting for Cafrine to read what I've done and make comments and changes. I must say, I really am enjoying working on this project with her. Of course I like a challenge, and as long as I'm writing, I'm happy. Speaking of writing, there was an interesting article over at the NY Times (the link of which I totally stole from seeing it on another blog) about bailing out writers instead of the financial sector in the current economy. I thought it was amusing anyway.
I'm with the writers who said if they received enough money to support themselves for the next 10 years, they'd simply write more than they do at the moment. I also liked the quote in there from Graham Greene: “Are you prepared for the years of effort, ‘the long defeat of doing nothing well’? As the years pass writing will not become any easier, the daily effort will grow harder to endure, those ‘powers of observation’ will become enfeebled; you will be judged, when you reach your 40s, by performance and not by promise.”
I'm obviously not 40 yet, but there is so much about that statement that is already true.
Song: Rest In Pieces by Saliva

3 comments: