Monday, December 1, 2008

The Answer?

After spending the last couple of days thinking about it and once again considering the source and validity of comments made to me (thanks for your input after my last post, Lynn, that was also very helpful!) I have decided to go with the re-write. In all truth, I now have a much more concrete idea about how I want the entire series to go, so perhaps in re-writing that will come through much stronger. Also, I will obviously be trying to avoid the pitfalls of the last manuscript. Now all I need to do is come up with a different plot and I'll be set! Right now I don't have much, but I'm sure I'll come up with something soon. One way or another, I am going to sell this idea and these books!
Song: Aisles of White by the Butterfly Effect

2 comments:

bunnygirl said...

Wow, I didn't realize from the way you described the problem that you needed a whole new plot. If that's the case, a full re-write is definitely in order, tough as it may seem.

Good luck with it!

Jess Anastasi said...

I think in all truth I'd been avoiding the thought for a LONG time becuase I didn't want to contemplate exactly how much work I'd be up for. And technically, I'm not re-writing the entire manuscript, just the first half so that it fits better with the last half. As it currently is, the two parts don't mesh. The re-write should (hopefully) fix that a few other on-going issues I hadn't been able to get around.