Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Starting Over

I have definitely decided that I want to write a new opening scene to SOAP book 1 and get rid of the one there currently, but I have a small problem with this. I've been thinking and thinking and thinking and can't come up with a new opening scene. Usually I might have a few ideas, but I won't feel they're right, which will then usually lead me to the right idea. But this time I have nothing. Just a big, open, empty space in my brain where the ideas are supposed to be. Maybe I should consult my editorial advisor. Ok, I don't actually have an editorial advisor, but my sister-in-law is the next best thing. I can't imagine having a better critique partner. She always tells it straight. If there's something she doesn't like, then I'll know about it.
So I'm off to do some brainstorming or something. Meanwhile, My Harlequin manuscript has slowed down a bit, I haven't had as much time to work on it this week. But I'll get there!
Song: He Got Game - Public Enemy

No comments: