Friday, November 14, 2008

Re-start

It's done! I've actually entirely rewritten the opening scene for SOAP book 1. I didn't know what I was going to do, had no idea where I was going to go, how I was going to make it relevant to what comes later in the book. But I was determined. So I just sat down and looked at my keyboard. Then an image came to me. It was my heroine standing in the middle of a street at night, with someone standing behind her holding a gun to the back of her neck. So I started off describing what I was seeing and just like that the scene was written. And it ties in so well with what comes later. I'm very impressed with myself. It turned out to be much easier than I thought it was going to be.
Now I'm considering whether to do the other major change I'd been thinking about. The Slight Setting Adjustment as I've been calling it. I'm still torn about this one, so I think I'll keep mulling over it for a while.
Anyhoo, I'm very excited today because as of this morning I might possibly have a new project in the works. Something I've never done before. Something interesting and challenging. I'm not going to say anything else about it because there's a lot of work to be done before it's anything concrete, but I'm just saying its out there, it could be big and I can't wait to get started.
Song: What A Man's Gotta Do - Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog Soundtrack

No comments: