Friday, November 28, 2008

Moving Forward

I sat down with the STALI judges' reports the other day and made some notes and another plan-of-action regarding my SOAP series. Yes, more planning! I've already put some elements into gear, like asking Cafrine to do some editing for me and requesting to join a critique group through RWA. It seems now that there is a lot of work to be done before I'm ready to contact agents again, but I feel that by this new path I may actually get over the line this time. Last go around I made it to the line but got stuck. Hopefully everything I do to the manuscript in the coming months will just make that little bit of difference.
In Atrophy related news, Cafrine and I have been talking about a pilot episode, but the issue of format still plagues us. I wanted to get away from the old novel-format and do something a little different, but finding something that works the way we want it to and is still reader-friendly has proven to be a challenge. But I know we'll work something out eventually.
Song: You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You're Told) by the Whitestripes

1 comment:

Eleni Konstantine said...

Jess, I have to go over my comments too *sigh* but good on you for moving forward.

You know I didn't realise you had a blog - how dumb am I? It's great BTW - really like the layout and my goodness how many things do we like the same - from series we are reading to things we watch. LOL! Well I suppose being part of the 'paranormal' group, that makes sense :)