Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Staying the Distance

It seems that when I get a certain number of rejections, when I start feeling like I'm not getting anywhere, all I want to do is put away my current work and start somehting new. I can underatnd why. The more rejections I get, the harder it becomes, the smaller my list of agents grows and the less hope I have that I will actually sell this project. Starting something new gives me refreshed hope. I can think "one day in the future, I'm going to get this published" and there's no rejections sitting in my inbox from agents telling me otherwise.
But apparently persitence is the key. So no matter how much I want to move on to something else, I need to stick with this for the time being. I still have avenues to pursue and I still really believe I've got something with my SOAP series if only, if only, if only, someone would just give me a chance. I can't wait to get the judges reports back from the RWA STALI comp, maybe then I'll have some better idea of my direction.
Song: Welcome to My Life by Simple Plan

No comments: