Friday, October 3, 2008

Request!

I was heading off to bed, but thought I might quickly check my email since I'd been working all day and hadn't had the chance. Being a member of RWA's e-loop, if I leave it for more than 24 hours I end up with about 200 emails to sift through.
There was the usual RWA chatter, a few emails from friends, and then in amongst all that was an email from an agent requesting more material. Oh, the feeling of excitement and triumph at that simple line of 'we would like to see more'. I'd been having a seriously crap week, but that just cheered me right up. My husband was just as excited and wanted me to email it all straight off, but I told him I would do it in the morning when I have a clear head. I wouldn't want to get this far and screw it all up by making a stupid mistake (like putting the wrong agent's name on it or something!).
Just when things seem so negative, like I'm getting no where seriously fast, all it takes is one little step forward to bring me right back up again. I can do this. I know I can do this. I just have to keep working. It will all fall into place eventually.
BTW, I've decided to start putting a little finish-off at the end of my entries, what music I'm currently listening to, just for something a bit different.
Song: Come Alive by the Foo Fighters.

No comments: