Tuesday, October 21, 2008

BIAW Monday & Supernatural - Metamorphosis

I've had a bit of a slow start to BIAW. I only wrote 900 words, which is 600 short of my daily average I need to reach if I'm going to make my target. I admit, I probably could have easily made the daily target, if I hadn't got distracted looking at houses for sale on the Internet. Luckily I know I'm going to have a couple of free hours later in the afternoon, so I should get a good number written then to make up for it. Meanwhile I still didn't get that scene finished I was talking about yesterday. I added about a page (or 250 words) to it, but I just can't get it to work. At least this time the tactic of moving onto the next scene worked fine. And today I'm just going to continue that way. Maybe I can't write that other scene because something about it isn't working. I'll eventually go back and work out what, but for now I just want to get some words onto the page.
Supernatural was great again last night. After being left hanging at the end of last week when Dean was going off to find Sammy and discover him using his demon powers, the continuation couldn't have come soon enough. It didn't disappoint. The intensity of the scene and later scenes when Dean and Sam continued talking about it was brilliant. And I love that nothing was really resolved, even at the end of the ep where Sam said he wasn't going to do it anymore. There was still a lot unsaid, still a lot of issues in the air between them.
Before the season commenced, creators and writers promised that the relationship between Dean and Sam was never going to be the same, and you can easily see how successful they've been. They've done it brilliantly, even while it's so sad. Dean doesn't trust Sam because of all the half-truths and things he's been hiding, while Sam is resentful of the way Dean treats him due to all the 'psychic stuff' Sam's got going on. It's hard to see that there will be any way back for them, in fact it seems likely that they're just going to get driven further and further apart. It'll be interesting to see where this all ends.
Song: Come On Come On by Little Birdy

No comments: