Friday, October 24, 2008

Another BIAW Update

Although I spent most of yesterday not home, I wrote 1223 words late yesterday afternoon. Of course it would be much easier to sit down and write lots and lots of words if I wasn't writing around my daughter sleeping. I can't imagine how I'm ever going to find time to write when we have more than one!
I'm not too worried about this week's remaining BIAW tally, like I said, I should be able to leave my daughter with my hubby and get lots done this weekend.
There was discussion on the RWA e-loop about Harlequin Mills and Boons accepting email queries, which I went and had a look at. The only imprint I'd be interested in at the moment would be MIRA, but they're apparently only opened to agented submissions. Of course there are always stories about writers who totally ignore when an agent/publisher say they're not accepting submissions and sent one along anyway, resulting in them being published.
Not for the first time I'm wondering whether or not I should branch out and have a go at the Mills and Boon category romances. Of course first I'd want to read a few so I know what I'm doing, but I guess my thinking is that it'd be one more option for publication. And I feel I could adjust my writing to suit that style. Although when I think I'm going to find the time to do this is a whole other matter.
Well, better get started on today's word count. I'm hoping to make it to at least 1500.
Song: Resolve by the Foo Fighters

No comments: