Friday, September 5, 2008

Still Waiting

I was gratified to receive a reply from The Agent the day after I emailed her. I was surprised to say the least since: a) it was a weekend; and b) in the good ol' USofA it was a long weekend. I didn't expect to hear for at least a couple of days, but there it was in my inbox the next day. I so want this woman as my agent. From all the dealings I've had with her and reading her blog, (I know I said it before, but...) I really feel she's the agent for me. Her reply stated that she hadn't gotten to it yet, but she'd have her assistant pull it out of the pile and make it a priority.
Of course now I'm even more anxious. Talk about performance anxiety. She's made it a 'priority' so now I feel like I've got even more to do to impress her. And of course, it's all said and done, isn't it. I've sent what I've sent and there's nothing I can do to sway her decision either way. I wish there was, but there's nothing to be done but wait. And wait. And wait some more. Not that I feel I could or should have done something different in what I sent her. I wouldn't have sent it if I didn't feel it wasn't ready to be out in the world.
In other news, my critique partner has just read the first half of the second SOAP book and told me besides some fleshing out and work to be done on the Hero, she's really enjoying it and says it's even better than the first. Although, not exactly better in the traditional sense of the word, but different to the first. She likes the characters in the second book better, was the gist of the conversation. I was quite happy to hear that since I was having more issues writing this one than I had with the first. I don't know why. Maybe it was just because writing the first one was so exciting, the idea was new and I was thinking of all the things that could and would happen within the series over a number of books. By writing the second one I guess I'm really into the business end of things. Once I get my agent and publishing contract, it'll be interesting to see what kind of challenge its going to be to write the remaining books, having a deadline, trying to keep all the different elements in check. I'm looking forward to it!

1 comment:

lynn said...

crossing my fingers for you!