Friday, September 12, 2008

Back to the Drawing Board

There was an email from The Agent waiting in my inbox this morning. And obviously it wasn't good news or this post would be sounding a whole lot different.
It was the same as the other agents so far, though she enjoyed reading it and might have liked the idea, she didn't 'fall in love with it' and went on to tell me an agent should love your work and your voice and wished me luck in finding someone who would.
So its back to the drawing board. I think I'm taking it better than I thought I would. If I think about it too closely, it'll probably make me go crazy; how the hell do I find the agent who does love my work? Seriously, if there's nothing wrong with it, why isn't the overall premise working?
I guess I'm not allowing myself to dwell on it too much, I'm already planning on which agents I'm going to write to next and I have my two entries to send off to the RWAus Single (Title) & Loving It! comp, (the closing date has been changed to Friday the 26th of this month, so I have an extra week, not that I need it) which could in all possibility land my work on the desk of an editor at Berkeley. If its as good as the agents seem to think, then hopefully the comp will get me somewhere if nothing else will. Then it'll be up to me to find an agent, which will be a lot easier to do with an offer in hand. So I'm not giving up, just going on.
Today, however, I'm taking a break. Stepping away. Doing something that doesn't involve writing. Then tomorrow I will go back to it with fresh perspective.

No comments: