Thursday, August 14, 2008

Finished.

I've finished the Harlequin Undone manuscript I've been working on, it ended up coming in at 14,000 words leaving me with a spare 1,000 if I need to do some major structural work. Which I probably will. I don't know... maybe it's because I'm not used to working in such a small frame, but it just seems to me that's there's so much lacking from the storyline. You barely get to know the characters before it's all over and done with. I guess that's why I prefer to work with full length 100,000 word novels.
So now I'm up to doing a bit of editing, getting some critiquing and polishing it to send to Harlequin. While I'm doing that I'll also be working on polishing my first two SOAP books to send off to the first of the RWAus comps for this year, the Single (Title) & Loving It comp, which is just the first 3 chapters and leads up to the bigger full length manuscript comps later in the year. After doing fairly well last year, I'm excited to see how I go this year. Right, well I should probably get to work!

No comments: