Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Chomping at the Bit

Still not much to report from the writing front. I have done another couple of thousand words on the HUM, but still haven't quite managed to finish it. I am still wondering how I'm going to wrap it all up and fit in successfully into that tiny 15,000 word limit. But what's the point of doing what I'm doing unless I challenge myself every now and then?
In agent related topics, I'm still arguing with myself about when to write to The Agent. My trigger finger is just itching to shoot and email off to her now, while my doubt-demon is telling me that waiting will keep the hope alive and put the rejection off for longer. I think my trigger finger and doubt-demon will eventually come to the compromise of emailing her next Monday. By then I'll have finished the HUM and can also think about moving on to concentrate on the RWAus comps coming up. And then once I hear back from The Agent, if need be (and hopefully there won't be a need) I can look at which agents to send out to next. See? Always with the planning. Sometimes I think about these things way too much.

No comments: