Monday, August 4, 2008

BIAW Finished

So Book In A Week is all over and done with. I ended up over my goal of 6000 words to finish with 9500. It was very good motivation, and I liked the fact that everyday I somehow managed to find time to write one or two thousand words.
In other news, I'm about halfway through my Harlequin Undone manuscript. Its going to be an interesting challenge for me, keeping a story contained within 15,000 words. I keep having to remind myself of that fact so I don't get carried away. I've got my sister-in-law all lined up to read it for me. I can count on her to give me a brutally honest account of where the whole thing is at, which as other writers will know, is invaluable. I feel sometimes that some other critique partners I've had have been happy enough to say things like "oh, you missed a comma," or "that sentence might sound better as..." but they never give me an opinion about the structure of the story and characters. I think my SIL is so good at it because we both love to read the same books and she understands exactly what I'm trying to do, sometimes better than me! I honestly don't think I'd have come as far in my writing a I have if it wasn't for her.
Anyway, I'll keep you all posted on how the Harlequin Undone manuscript (or HUM as I'm going to refer to it from now on) progresses. Hopefully I'll finish writing it in the next fortnight or so and soon after that will have it edited and sent off.
And then it'll be back to the waiting game again... *sigh*

No comments: