Thursday, July 31, 2008

Diverted Again

I'm going along steadily with Book In A Week, I've actually been quite disciplined, which is a refreshing change for me. If I keep up my pace for the last few days, I'll actually probably out do my goal of 6000 words and land somewhere in the 10,000 range.
In other news, I found out the other day that Harlequin are starting a new historical e-book line called Undone. They're looking for stories 10,000 to 15,000 words long and for the time being are open to taking proposals from authors who are unagented and unpublished. After my continuing debate about whether or not I should return to my first love - historical romance - this just seemed like a big fat sign. I thought "15,000 words, I could whip that up in no time!" so here I am, starting on another new project. I feel good about it, somehow, writing historical just hits the spot for me. Though I still love everything else I do, and am confident I still may be able to get somewhere with my SOAP series, there's just something about historical romance that keeps bringing me back. So I guess I'm going to go with it for a while.
Once again, posting on my blog is not helping change my BIAW word count!

No comments: