Friday, June 27, 2008

Slow on the Writing Front

Nothing much to report today, no major events, writing related or otherwise.
Its been about 6 weeks since I sent my manuscript the The Agent. That is, the agent who is number one on my list, my dream agent. She's supposed to get back to me within 10 to 12 weeks, so I've probably got about another 6 weeks to wait. It feels like its been forever already. And I'm desperately trying to ignore the voice in the back of my head telling me that if she wanted it, she probably would have already got back to me by now. I'm not going to listen to that voice until I get word from the agent herself. I'm keeping up with a steady stream of submissions, I've got about 8 out at the moment, ranging from one page query letters to several pages or chapters. And I've got a list of a further 10 agents to send out to if I don't manage to pick up an agent out of the current pool of submissions.
On the blog of The Agent, she had a entry the other day about what she's looking for at the moment. She stated that she's looking for a really good romantic suspense, which is what I've sent her! Ok, so mine is not so heavy on the suspense, it's layered with action and of course the developing relationship between the characters. Its the first in a series and although each book is going to be self-contained in that it covers one couple's story, there is a connecting story threading through all the books, which will be tied up with the final book. I can't tell you how much I hope someone agrees to take it. I know I'm biased, but I really think I'm on to something here!

No comments: