Thursday, June 19, 2008

Not MySpace

So, I like totally joined MySpace, coz, like, it's so like totally awesome.
On a more serious note, yes, I did join MySpace today even though I'm not a fan. I guess I'm just trying to cover all the bases. Once I'm published, people are going to be looking for me I suppose, and I want to use all the tools available to promote myself, to make myself somewhat accessible to the readers. The powers-that-be say that when you become a published author, you need to be able to market yourself to an extent. I'm happy enough to do that, but I'm also a bit wary of the, shall we say over-zealous fans who might want to become my next best friend. Don't think I'm being paranoid, I know of other authors its happened to.
MySpace is not all bad. I did get to subscribe to Nathan Fillion's blog, even though he hasn't posted since December. But still, interesting. I wonder who else I might be able to find?

1 comment:

cafrine said...

Gonna link us up to your Space?

The whole self-promotion thing is actually why I first got into blogging, since I read from an author that if you can show that you can create and sustain a returning audience, then you've taken one step to proving your appeal to publishers. Myspace is doin' just that! Good move.