Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Where Are You Time?

I'm supposed to be heading off to work, but here I am sitting at my computer, writing a blog entry. I'll be late. Oh well. Worse things have happened. My boss is my dad (its a family business) and as long as I get there around the right time, he's not fussed. I usually work an extra hour or so to make up for it anyway.
Alright, well this post wasn't supposed to be about working, but I suppose it is kind of relevant.
I've been powering along (as much as possible) with my new work-in-progress, but its frustrating that between working for my folks and my own little family, I just don't have the time to spare on this any more. It's all there in my head; the scenes, the conversations, the feelings, but I just need to find a good chunk of time to sit down and get the words onto the computer screen. Right now, I put my writing behind a few things, I have to. It's not a paying job, no one's waiting for the finished product so it's not that high on my priorities list. However, that being said, if I got published, all that would change. It might sound dumb to some of you, but it would become a paying job, someone would be waiting for the finished product, and it would go high above everything else (well maybe not everything) on my priorities list.
Anyway, I'm sure that's not so interesting to some of you as it is to me. I guess I just wanted to have a complain about how its harder to find the time to write these days. I'll just have to go back to thinking about the good ol' days when I had no responsibility and could spend hours and hours writing. '
Okay, off to work I go (hi-ho, hi-ho...)
PS, one of these days I'm also going to find time to sit down and do a Top Ten Tuesday list, they were fun and I miss them!

1 comment:

The Dribbler said...

Hi Jess,

Haven't popped by for ages but I'm glad to see you're still blogging.

Yeah, it's hard to find time to write. I think everyone has the same trouble. But I guess if you want it bad enough - and i suspect you do - you'll work out a way.

Anyway, keep at it. It'll pay off in the long run.

Cathryn