Thursday, May 22, 2008

Synopsis Wars

I'm just about to head off to bed, but just had to say one thing:
Synopsis are the crappiest thing in the world!
Ok, I only say that because I've written three.
One agent wants a brief synopsis of no more than a page. Another agent wants a two to three page synopsis. Another agent wants a detailed synopsis of about five pages. Seriously people, I hate writing them as it is, why make me write three? I wonder how much store a prospective agent actually puts into the synopsis. Probably a lot. Its probably why I haven't managed to catch an agent yet. I can write manuscripts fine, but give me a synopsis to write and I'm stuffed.
Well, after writing my third synopsis, I'm about to fall asleep, so I'd better get to bed. I'll have to be up in another couple of hours to feed the baby anyway, won't I regret staying up this late in the morning?
This book will not sell itself though.

No comments: