Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Partial Success

This is just a very quick entry (since I'm supposed to be working) that I've had some success. 'The Agent', as in my number one agent on my list who I would love more than anything to be my agent, has requested a partial, the first 3 chapters of my manuscript. So they're going out into the ether this week, and then I've possibly got a 12 week wait to hear back from her. In the meantime, I'm debating how many more query letters/proposal packages I should send out. I know it's not a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket, and I do have several other queries in the works, but I don't know whether I should add to this number or not. Oh well, I'll have to think about it for a little while I guess.
Obviously all of my problems would be solved if 'The Agent' got back to me with a big fat "yes."
Truly, I am more excited about this manuscript than I have been about anything else since I started writing seven years ago. I only hope my excitement is founded.

2 comments:

Cafrine said...

:o) Fingers, toes, legs, arms, everything crossed.

I'm so happy you're enjoying the writing and result so much, bud! It's going to pay off for you. I know it!

lynn said...

good luck!!