Thursday, May 22, 2008

Moving On...

... From the total depressive-ness of my last post. Sorry, I just had to have a moment there.

On happier topics, I love getting started on a new project. I think I may have already said that I've made a start on the second book in the series I've got in mind (here's hoping I sell the first so I'm not starting the second for no reason! I know, I know, I've said it a million times, but I'll say it another million times until someone damn well publishes my book). I've almost finished the first three chapters. These things always roll out quick to begin with, it's the middle I always have trouble with. I know what I want to write, but I often have trouble motivating myself to get any decent slab of work done at a time. My problem is that I start thinking about other things and want to go off and work on those. But lately I've been a little bit more disciplined, concentrating on one thing at a time instead of three. I think it's resulted in a better quality manuscript for the book I'm trying to sell at the moment. Anyway, we'll see how it goes.
Better get back to it.

No comments: