Saturday, May 3, 2008

Confidence or Arrogance?

You know, for all the talking I do about getting published "one day" I suddenly had the thought recently that I hope I'm not coming across as totally arrogant. I am fully aware that I am a good writer, just as I am aware that I could spend the rest of my life writing and still have something to learn about writing the day I die (and yes, I've said that before).
Saying I will be published is my way of being determined, of having a positive attitude in the face of numerous rejections, is me visualizing that day. Because everything I've read has told me that even if you've written the next Best Seller, the only way you're going to get published is to be determined, to persevere, to learn with every passing word, to show the agents and editors that you will not go away, you're in this for the long haul. I have a goal. I've never been one to give up. I fact I'm pretty stubborn. Seven years of (so far) unpublished work is what I have to show, and I couldn't be prouder of it.
I will be published.

No comments: