Tuesday, April 29, 2008

No News is Frickin' Annoying News

Haven't heard back from that comp I entered yet. I could have sworn they would have posted the results by now, but still nothing. It's a little bit frustrating, but this is the world I asked to be in, so I just have to suck it up. I know I've said it before, but it's the waiting that really gets me in this industry.
I suppose I'm finding it more annoying at the moment for two reasons. 1) I don't want to send out a letter to this agent until the results are posted. Obviously if I get a mention, that's something invaluable I can add to the letter. 2) my stupid computer is not co-operating at the moment, and I need someone to look at it for me. But I've been putting off taking it into the computer shop until I get the results of the comp, therefore I'm putting up with a computer that only works properly when it feels like it. Damn annoying!
In other news, I've been working on a post with my favourite Firefly/Serenity quotes, so stay on the lookout for that one. I'll finish it eventually. But right now, my manuscript is calling!

No comments: