Wednesday, February 20, 2008

On Track

I'm happy to report that so far I've kept on track with my 1000 word goal. I now have 27,000 words left to write, which means in 27 days it'll be finished and I can start writing to agents.
As you may already know, in the past I used to get to this point and begin sending out to agents before the manuscript was finished. Unfortunately this limited me in the agents I could send out to, as many don't like an author to query unless the manuscript is completed. So although I am severly tempted to start sending out letters already, I'm trying a different plan of attack this time, meaning I'll have a greater number of agents I can write to, and hopefully a greater chance of actually being successful. And that's all there is to say at this stage. The story is practically writing itself, so as long as I can continue sticking with my 1000 words, it should all work out well. Better get back to it!

No comments: