Friday, June 1, 2007

Supernatural Best Quotes Season 1

Hey!
So, to totally get my mind off everything else going on, I've decided to put up my favourite quotes for Season 1 of Supernatural. Once season two is over and done with, I'll probably do one for that as well. And I also want to do a list of Deanisms, becuase really, they're just so funny. I could have done a Top Ten Tuesday I suppose, but I couldn't be bothered organizing myself. Also, these are in no order whatsoever. Here we go!
(Disclaimer: I'm taking no responsibilty for the fact that these may not be at all funny out of context, but I love them, so they're here.)

1) Sam - "I don’t understand, Dean, we burned the damn thing."
Dean - "Yeah, thank you Captain Obvious."
> Well, Sammy, that wasn't exactly helpful...

2) Sam – "Dean, you gotta update your cassette collection."
Dean – "What’s wrong with it?"
Sam – "Well, number one, they’re cassettes. And second? Black Sabbath, Motor Head, Metallica? It’s the greatest hits of mullet rock."
Dean – "House rules, Sammy. Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole."
> I just love the delivery of this, it was brilliant.

3) Sam – "What I said before, about mom & dad, I’m sorry."
Dean – "Hey, no chick flick moments."
Sam – "Alright… Jerk"
Dean – "Bitch."
> Ahh, brotherly love.

4) Dean – “It looks like you’re gonna leave town without me.”
Sam – “What are you talking about? I’m not leaving you here.”
Dean – “Hey, you’d better take care of my car, or I swear I’ll haunt your ass.”
Sam – “I don’t think that’s funny.”
Dean – “Well, it’s a little bit funny.”
> Yeah, Sammy, lighten up. On the other hand... Dean was going to die, what cruel world would take such a hot, hot, boy away from us?

5) Sam – “When are we going to talk about it?”
Dean – “About what?”
Sam – “About Dad not being here.”
Dean – “Oh. Well, let’s see... um... never.”
> I don't have anything to say except that's just so Dean.

6) Sam (on the phone) – “Dean, where are you?”
Dean – “I’m in the middle of nowhere with a killer truck on my ass.”
> Ok, this is one of the ones that's not so funny out of context, but the way Jensen Ackles said it was just priceless.

7) Dean – “Don’t worry, I’m sure there’s something in Fitchburg worth killing.”
Sam – “Yeah? What makes you so sure?”
Dean – “Because I’m the oldest… which means I’m always right.”
Sam – “No it doesn’t.”
Dean – “It totally does.”
> That brotherly bond at its best again.

8) Dean – “Sam, how’d you get here?”
Sam – “I stole a car.”
Dean – “That’s my boy.”
> Stealing is against the law, but to save Dean, we'll allow you anything!

9) Dean – “When we were at the hospital, I saw a patient, an old woman.”
Sam – “An old person, huh? In the hospital?”
Dean – “Yeah.”
Sam – “Whoa, we better call the coastguard.”
> I love this one becuase it was a momentary role-reversal. For once, Dean was being totally serious and Sammy was taking the crap out of him. It was great.

10) Sam – “Hey Dean, I’m sorry.”
Dean – “What for?”
Sam – “I’ve really given you a lot of crap, for always following Dad’s orders, but I understand why you do it.”
Dean – “Oh God, kill me now.”
> I just love Dean's reactions to some of the stuff Sam comes out with, they play it off each other so well.

11) Sam – “So burning the body didn’t do anything?”
Dean – “Sure it did, now it’s pissed!”
> Well next time make sure it's the body you need to be burning and not something else. Duh.

So, that's all I've got for season 1. I'm sure there were a hundred more great moments, but they're the ones I really loved. One day soon I'll post some Deanisms. But that's all for now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally cool list!

You're right, there's something about Jensen Ackles' delivery of these lines that makes them outstanding.

~brightphoenix

Cafrine said...

BRILLIANT!

I have to agree with Dean on 7, though. It totally does.

Bring on the Deanisms! Can we have pictures to accomapny them?!

Jess Anastasi said...

Hell Yeah! Pictures would be GREAT. I'm totally going to do that!