Saturday, April 28, 2007

Nowhere to be Found

I have done absolutely no writing over the past few weeks. Ok, I can't say no writing, since I actually wrote a whole 3 pages of my current WIP the other day, but ask anyone who knows me, and they'll say this occurrence is down-right unnatural.
I don't know what's going on, but I intend to rectify this situation. From the 14th to the 18th of May, RWAus are having this little party known as BIAW, or Book in a Week. It's where you nominate a number of words you intend to write and then spend all week sitting in front of your computer wondering what on earth made you think it was a good idea -- No! Not really. It's actually a really good idea. And if only I actually had time to sit down and write a whole book in a week.
I've nominated myself for 15,000 words. Which I guess is about 60 pages. I think (hope) that once I get into the swing of things, I won't have too much trouble getting this done. Although, if my recent performance is anything to go by, then I might be in a whole lotta trouble.
Anyhoo, we'll see what happens.
In other news, I've been sending more letters to agents, and other query letters to publishers, so I suppose I haven't been totally useless. I swear, I'm going to get a publishing contract this year, even if I have to type so much that I get blisters on my fingers and I bleed from the ears from using my brain too much (isn't that a lovely image?).
Also, Cafrine's website is undergoing a transformation. Of course I know what's happening to it, but I'm not going to tell! You'll just have to wait with bated breath until next week when all will be unveiled (hopefully).
Otherwise, I'd better start getting myself back into the swing of writing before BIAW arrives and bites me in the butt.

No comments: