Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Top Ten Tuesday Challange-A-Thon... Favorite Song Lyrics

That's right, it's Tuesday again, and not only is it a Top Ten Tuesday, but Cafrine and I are having another Challange-A-Thon. So here it is, my favorite song lyrics. I'll be interested to see what Cafrine comes up with.
(Oh, and I guess I should give a quick stong language warning. So... strong language ahead!)

10) If we’re fucked up, you’re to blame – Blink 182

> The anthem for a whole generation of teenagers. Blink 182 are brilliant, I loved them when I was a teen. To sound totally clich├ęd, they always managed to say exactky what we were feeling, the whole rebellious “well, it’s your fault if we didn’t turn out how you planned” kinda thing.

9) Have you heard / It’s a silent dream / It chooses the weather of your soul stream – Karnivool

> I just love this one because it’s almost like poetry in motion. Not that I know much about poetry, but I love this line so much. It says a lot, but then again not much. Very interesting.

8) If you walk out on me, I’m walking after you – Foo Fighters

> Straight to the point, what I love best about the Foo Fighters. This just says it all, I love the whole song, since I think it’s about being in a relationship for the long term, not just while it’s new and exciting.

7) As soon as you’re born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time – Cake

>This line just cracks me up, as does the whole song since it’s called Sheep go to Heaven, Goats go to Hell. The line’s pretty true, actually, when you think about it. So people, go out there and have a good time, you only get one life to live and it could be half over already!

6) I found a reason for me / To change who I used to be / A reason to start over new / And that reason is you – Hooberstank

> Awwww. I just like that one coz it’s all romantic and hopeful and stuff…

5) While everyone’s lost / The battle is won / With all these things that I have done – The Killers

> This one’s probably a bit harder to explain. I guess to me, it’s saying that many people in life are lost, but the fight to live happily can be won if you do the right things in life. My explination doesn’t make much sense, does it? But it gives hope.

4) Please let me know that my one bad day will end – Blink 182

> This is one of my favorites, especially when I’m feeling crappy. It reminds me that not everyday is a bad day. It will end, and happier days will come.

3) Someone told me long ago / There’s a calm before the storm / I know, it’s been coming for sometime – Creedence Clearwater Revival

> That’s right, Creedence. I love Creedence. I suppose to me, this one’s about sometimes knowing that there’s problems on the horizon, and sometimes they can’t be avoided, but that’s what life’s all about.

2) I swear I’ll never give in, I refuse – Foo Fighters

> Once again, straight to the point. I guess the only reason I love this one so much is because it’s kinda the way I have to live my life. I’m sick a lot of the time (endometriosis), and I guess I could just give into it and never work, or go anywhere, or have a life, but I’m not going to give in to it. There’s things I want to do with my life, and I’ll be damned if some stupid incurable disease is going to stop me! So that’s the reason why I love this line so much.

1) Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end - SemiSonic

> This is the best one, which is why it’s number one! I just love how simple but true this one is. As one part of your life finishes, another one is always starting, which is why we should always look forward, not back. Who knows what tomorrow is going to bring?

1 comment:

Cafrine said...

Oh, man, I am horrified that while I know almost everyone on the list, I can't for the life of me think of the songs, or know the lyrics. Mispent youth.

Great list, mate! You gotta love the Creedence!