Sunday, February 18, 2007

Late year's resolutions

So, I know it’s almost the end of February, but still…
I’m not one for New Year’s Resolutions, never have been and quite probably never will be. I’ll admit, I’ve thought about it when people around me have been spouting “I’m going to loose weight/stop eating chocolate/not see my deadbeat ex for random sex any longer/get a new job etc etc,” but I just never came up with anything I could either a) care about enough to actually enforce, or b) think it was actually going to make much difference to my life.
However this year, this year I have something. Ok, it’s not a NYR, it’s more of a slogan that Cafrine and I came up with.
2007: It’s happening!
No, it’s not “happening in a far-out-groovy way.” The reason for this slogan is positive-ness. This year, believe things are going to happen and they damn-well will! I’m going to find an agent, and a publishing contract. My business is going to get off the ground, and I’m going to be healthier so I don’t feel sick every other day (damn endometriosis). It’s going to be a good year.
This is my belief for this year. Sure I’m probably going to have some moments where I could quite happily throw my computer out the nearest window, I’ll probably continue with chocolate-binging when I get a rejection, but this year is not going to be like other years. 7 is my lucky number. When I was a teenager, ‘97 was one of the best years I remember. Therefore, by reason of deduction, I’ve decided that ’07 is going to be just as good, probably better.
So, here I am Universe, ready for anything!

1 comment:

Cafrine said...

"2007: It's Happening!"

And it's going to catch on. It's going to be the "Just do it" of our age. You'll see!

Welcome to the internets, mate! We're all real friendly. You'll see!